Amazon.com Price: $22.00 (as of 2018-03-23 03:18:47 GMT) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
THIS GROUND-BREAKING BOOK/CD package will show you (or your students) how to use the Major and Minor Blues Scales to improvise meaningful solos-without having to first master all the scales and chords of a tune.
GOOD FOR ALL LEVELS – Essential for beginners, perfect for intermediate students, and even useful for professional players to hone their skills on this crucial-and often neglected-part of the jazz language.
ACCOMPANYING CD by author Dan Greenblatt and his quartet of swinging, New York jazz musicians shows how each exercise should sound. And it also gives the student numerous play-along tracks to practice with.
GREAT TRANSCRIPTIONS from Miles, Dizzy Gillespie, Lester Young, Oscar Peterson, Dave Sanborn, Michael Brecker and many more, showing how the Blues Scales are actually used in various styles of jazz.
THE ONLY COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON THE BLUES SCALES EVER PUBLISHED!
– step-by-step exercises to get beginning students able to quickly solo using the two basic Blues Scales
– extensive dictionary of classic Major and Minor Blues Scale phrases
– help with transposing the ideas learned into other keys
– numerous ways to expand the Blues Scales to make them even more useful
– appendices for advanced players showing how the masters of jazz use the Blues Scales in their own playing.