Amazon.com Price: $32.30 (as of 2018-01-19 15:39:08 GMT) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
A complete guide to three-note jazz guitar voicings and related topics for everyone from intermediate newcomers to jazz guitar up to very advanced players.
The book develops a unique dynamic concept of harmony where three independently moving lines team up to create beautiful harmonies that are valuable for comping, chord melodies and chordal jazz improvisations. Topics include:
– Three-note shell voicings and special derived comp voicings
– Compete triad review including all close and open inversions on all strings
– A section on developing walking guitar voicings, harmonized bass lines perfect for accompaniment in situations where no bass or keyboard is present
– Sections on triad applications such as slash chords, Upper Structures, hexatonic triad-pairs and special hybrid voicings
– Quartal and Secundal voicings perfect for modal comping and soloing
– Drop-2 reductions perfect for melody harmonizations
– Envious of pianists using lush Shearing-style block chords? Here’s a complete method to develop a realistic simulation on guitar.
– Plus much more! Hundreds and hundreds of examples in both music notation and guitar grids.